When I first starting doing sales demos, I would jump right into our product to show all our features. After talking for about 15 minutes, the prospect would be either bored (I could hear typing in the background) or confused on why this would help out their business. I lost their interest and rarely could go anywhere after that.
My new and better approach is the Sales Demo Sandwich. It keeps the prospect engaged and more likely to convert.
Here are how my 30 minute demos go in my Sales Demo Sandwich:
- First 7 minutes: Talk about their business and what their goals are.
- Next 5 minutes: Quick overview of my product, sprinkling specific ways to improve their business (based on what they just told me).
- Next 7 minutes: Ask for feedback and questions on what they thought about our product solving their goals.
- Next 5 minutes: Jump into a more detailed demo. Answer questions by “Showing” them the product… not just telling them. Seeing is believing!
- Next 6 minutes: Ask for questions. If they don’t have any probe for objections. Everyone has objections, make sure you get them out of the way.
- Final: Close the deal if possible or close the follow up meeting (if they need to discuss with their manager).