I had no time and desperately needed to get my laundry done yesterday (I was down to my last pair of underwear!). So I do what I always do when I need some extra help, turn to Craigslist.
I went to the Craigslist section and all of a sudden finding someone to do my laundry became a daunting task. Writing out the job description, figuring out how much I should pay, and then also picking the right person – after all, I wanted to avoid all the weirdos that want to sniff my underwear. Luckily I remembered a friend mentioning TaskRabbit to me.
TaskRabbit is one of the best web applications I have used in a really long time. They made the entire process a no-brainer. Below are the details of what they did exceptionally well.
1. TaskRabbit already knew the top things people ask for. They made it really easy for me to select “Laundry”.
2. Next they answer all the questions I have before I even asked them.
3. This was probably my favorite thing: They show me how much I should pay. I really had no idea how much money to offer. (I decided to pay $41 because I was desperate).
4. I didn’t have to actually write any instructions. TaskRabbit allows you to use other peoples instructional templates and modify them to how you want. Luckily I didn’t even have to modify anything.
5. In minutes of posting my laundry job, I got an email from TaskRabbit saying a guy named Joel is willing to do my task! I was able to check out his profile and reviews to make sure he wasn’t a weirdo. I decided to give him the job (all it took was one click) – an hour later he was at my door… 5 hours later my 3 loads of laundry were clean, folded, and at my doorstep.
TaskRabbit really understands me. They know how lazy I am (for example I don’t even want to do my own laundry!) and so they make it just a few clicks to get the job done. I hope this post inspires you to look at your own company and strive for making it brainless easy.